Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Karta Idrijca   Joseph’s Shaft
ABOUT THE PARK
NATURAL FEATURES WITHIN THE PARK
A STROLL THROUGH THE PARK
FROM IDRIJA TO THE LAKE DIVJE JEZERO

Botanical garden
Joseph's Shaft
Kamšt
Rake
The lake Divje jezero (Wild lake)
Kobila

 
STRUG VALLEY (The Village of Idrijska Bela)
THE IDRIJCA RIVER from LAJŠT TO ITS SPRING
THE BELCA RIVER from LAJŠT TO ITS SPRING
THE EDGE OF TRNOVSKI GOZD
TOURISM AND RECREATION
 PROTECTIVE MEASURES
PHOTO GALLERY
USEFUL LINKS
 
DEITSLEN  
 
 
 
  At the mine haulage station the renewed mine locomotives and partially preserved architecture from the mine’s operating days are on display.

The Joseph’s shaft opened in 1786 and was the main mine shaft intended for miners to enter and deliver the mine materials. It also represented the largest haulage station from where they used to deliver ore to the incineration plant or smelter by means of mine railway at first and later transported by cable car. With the depth of 420m, the shaft used to connect all of the 15 horizons. It ceased to function in 2007. Along with kamšt it is of important value from a technical and historical viewpoint as it introduces the technology and the evolution of mining throughout the time.

 
 
  • Fotografija
  • Fotografija
  • Fotografija
  • Fotografija
  • Fotografija